Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Financially Struggling



I feel as though it is a right of passage of a makeup artist/hair stylist to struggle.  Its like theres a tag placed on you that once you start in this field financially you become set back.  I'm starting to realize I'm not the only one.  Looking for your next job whether it be a TFP or actually getting paid its part of the chapters of the story which are about to be writing.  Who knows you? Well if you read my other blogs you can figure out what I'm going to say you are the key to your survival.   I'm in the position right now were I don't want to be categorized as just film/TV or print/ runway, I want to do it all.  Plus a double problem I love SPFX makeup and basic makeup, so to market myself is double the work.  Everyone says that you have to choose!  I don't want too! I like both and I feel creatively I get to explore so many different sides of my talents.  Above is character FX makeup that I did while attending the Makeup Designory in LA, California.   It was definitely a challenge for me but I loved every minute.  If you really want to do both I say why not.  I'm going to dive in and try and hopefully you will too.

Meagan Hester
Makeup & Hair

No comments: